Today you’re going to the royal city of Patan. Patan, formerly Lalitpur, is the second kingdom from the valley next to Kathmandu and Bhaktapur. Especially in the evening it is a pleasant place to stay, that’s why you will stay here for one night!
Patan is one of the larger cities of Nepal and is located south of Kathmandu. Patan is mainly known for the old Durbar Square, the Patan Kumari, together with a large number of stone and metal workers.
Definitely worth a visit:
– The Patan Durbar Square: the royal square at the palace
– The Golden Temple: an old temple covered with gold, silver and bronze ornaments
– The Kumbheshwar Temple: an impressive five-storey pagoda temple.
Rudravarna Mahavihar / Uku Bahal: one of the oldest Buddhist monasteries in Nepal
– The Mahaboudha Temple: a stone temple with more than 1000 statues of Buddha.
– The Machchhendranath Temple: A temple to a rain god.
– The House of the Kumari: courtyard and the house of Patan’s Living Goddess, the Kumari.
In the small streets around Durbar Square you can also see the metalworkers and the stone cutters at work!
You will spend the night in an authentic guesthouse in Patan.