After Breakfast we will continue our journey through the beautiful countryside from marshy Moors into the dramatic scenery of Glen Coe. Scene of the infamous tale of clan warfare and rivalry between the Campbells and MacDonalds, the Glencoe Massacre. You will also see The Study and look out onto 3 mountains known as the 3 sisters, made famous in the TV program Outlander. Now lets get off the beaten track again, literally. There is now an optional unguided walk that will take around 3 hours, moderate to challenging walk that does require fitness and correct apparel as you will take on one of the steepest part of the West Highland Way, ‘The Devils Staircase’ which will open out onto spectacular views. Your guide will leave you to the walk and continue onto Kinlochleven with your luggage and meet you there at the end of your walk. Alternatively you can visit the Glencoe visitors centre and maybe enjoy some time at leisure in picturesque Kinlochleven. Time for a dram or 2 in one of the pubs, then check into your fantastic Heritage style accommodation, a property steeped in history that used to be the home of a Laird.
- Some of the most spectacular scenery Scotland has to offer
- Visit majestic and atmospheric Glencoe and find out about the clan war between the Campbells and McDonalds
- Optional unguided walk through ‘The Devils Staircase’
- West Highland way
- Visit Kinlochleven and gaze in awe at its beautiful surroundings
- Stay in fantastic luxury Heritage style accommodation